2017 Turkey Target Shoot
On September 23, ONSR will be hosting our first ever Turkey Target Shoot, sometimes referred to as a Spot Shoot. This is a friendly shotgun competition event. This game is more luck than skill.
The event will be shot with 12 gauge or 20 gauge shotguns, your choice. If you do not have a shotgun, some will be available to borrow. The object to the game is to place a pellet closest to the center of a target. The winner will have a chance to receive a turkey, ham, bacon, bratwurst, soda, etc.
This event will be broken down into two different shooting squads.
Squad of Ten Shooters
The first squad will consist of ten shooters. These ten shooters will pre-pay $30.00 and shoot in a total of eleven matches. They are paying for ten matches and receiving one bonus match for free.
The first ten shooters to pre-pay will make the squad of ten. If the squad is already filled by the time your money is received, we will refund your money in full.
If you make the squad of ten, there are no refunds. However, if a different shooter is willing to fill your position, we will refund your money in full.
Payment to enter the Squad of Ten Shooters must be sent to:
Mr. John Pierce
312 Center Street
Hume, Il 61932
After the “Squad of Ten Shooters” finish their matches, there will be further matches shot. We will shoot matches with as few as five shooters and as many as ten shooters.
The prizes given out will be the same. Prizes will be equivalent to 1/2 the collected entry frees for the particular match.
These additional squads will not pre-pay, they will onlyf pay $3.00 per match the day of the shoot.
• 12ga or 20ga shotguns only.
• One shot per shooter per match.
• Field sights only, no scopes or other optical sights.
• Ammunition will be provided by ONSR
• Targets will be shot at 30 yards.
• Each shot will be taken off-hand, not from a bench or other supported position.
• In the event of a tie a shoot-off will take place.
• Eye and ear protection is mandatory.
• Fired shotgun hulls will be returned to ONSR.
• Prizes will be per match and will be equivalent to half of entry fees collected for that particular match.
• Use a shotgun having at least a full choke.
• Practice before the day of the event. Know where your shotgun is shooting (point of aim vs point of impact).
• Have fun and enjoy the friendly competition.
The event will start with a safety meeting at 2:00 PM. Please make sure you are present for the meeting.
Once the safety meeting is over, there will be a limited amount of time for shooters to practice. Each shell will cost 25 cents each, targets will cost an additional 25 cents each.
Once the practice time is over, matches will take place.
Please contact Ken West by phone at: 217-274-2886 or by email at: email@example.com